Media is our weapon of choice as we change the world, one story at a time. Founded in November 2001, the mission of the Urban Mediamakers is to support a strong independent media arts community in the Southeast. We promote the production, exhibition and public awareness of various forms of artistic expression. We empower by providing instruction and training of individuals for the purpose of developing and improving their media capabilities by conducting industry-related panels, educational series, and workshops.
Through our Young Urban Mediamakers (YUMs) program, we partner media professionals with youth ages 12-17 to encourage, inspire and educate them in all areas of media. Our annual signature event is the Urban Mediamakers Film Festival (UMFF) held in October in metro-Atlanta, Georgia.
The Urban Mediamakers Association is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit, charitable organization. We need your support to continue with our mission.
Students and Senior Citizens - $60
Aspiring - $120
Professional - $300
Corporate - $500
Board of Directors
- Lisa Dogan, Project Management Consultant
- Vera Lyons, Owner, Lyon Enterprises
- Alexandra Overton, Filmmaker
- Cheryle Reynolds, Digital Content Producer/Founder, Urban Mediamakers
- Redelia Shaw, Assistant Director - DGA and Professor, Santa Monica College, California
- Michael Syphoe, CEO, Michael Syphoe Consultants
- Lawrence Borden, Actor/Writer Liaison
- Jalora Jones, Events Coordinator